Leveraging on best practices of the already completed projects and the success stories of several Romanian cities, The Diplomat – Bucharest organizes the sixth edition of SMART TRANSFORMATION FORUM to be held on 9th of September 2021 at Hotel InterContinental Bucharest.
Smart cities leverage the latest technology to address aspects such as city safety, economic development, waste disposal, utility network efficiency, urban planning using green solutions, transportation concerns, and the like. The past few years have seen cities absorbing digital transformation trends to improve their citizens quality of life.
The smart city-tag is a concept that has to be earned in Romanian cities, by pushing on the main aspects such as: safety and security, economic development, waste and utilities management, urban green planning, smart transportation & smart infrastructure and technology enablement.
Smart cities are referred to as wired cities, digital cities, intelligent cities, cyberville. In 2021, there are core technologies that will stay a part of the transformational journey of smart cities.
08:00 – 9:00 Welcome coffee & Registration of participants
09:00 – 11:00 PANEL I THE ROADMAP TO SMART CITY
Smart City is all about urban and rural areas’ evolution and the improvement of quality of life, this also including enabling business efficiency, partnership and communication between private and state actors. The last year of pandemic forced somehow the moving forward of some smart initiatives in Romania but much more has to be done. What European good practices can be adjusted and applied to the Romanian context and what actual evolution has been done so far?
Smart City in Romania: Status, current evolution, things to be done
- What smart initiatives and implementations have been done so far in Romanian cities?
- Which are the priorities in terms of smart developments in cities and outside urban areas?
Coordination, financing and successful Smart City initiatives
- Which is the financing availability and resources in terms of smart developments?
- How do you measure a successful smart implementation?
Onboarding tech companies in smart city local projects
- What kind of partnerships in terms of smart developments has been done?
- Which are the challenges in terms of such partnerships and smart developments?
Citizenship empowerment & Responsive city institutions and online platforms
- How are communicated at the level of the population the smart implementations?
- Which are the actors which should communicate and what communication tools do they use?
People-oriented city facilities’ enablement: projects, implementation, plans
- How are implemented smart developments which are people-centered?
- What success stories and good practices can you name in this respect?
11:00 – 11:20 Coffee break
11:20 – 13:30 PANEL II SMART LIVING & SMART MOBILITY
Smart development is closely linked to innovation and technology. The private tech companies are very dynamic and connected to international evolutions. How are the state institutions partner and make available resources to implement and make function the new technologies in their activities and communication with the main beneficiary actor- the people? Which are the main sectors where smart evolution is applied best in Romania?
5G technology implementation
- What is the status of 5G implementations in Romanian cities and which are the current challenges?
E-mobility: EV, smart infrastructure, evolution & challenges
- What is the evolution in terms of smart infrastructure developments in Romania?
- Which are the ongoing and future best practices in terms of e-mobility?
Smart cities – Green cities & Energy efficient cities
- Which are the main aspects to be considered in terms of energy efficiency at the level of a city?
- Which are the developments in this respect in Romania?
Local implementation of technology: Robots, AI, machine learning, digitalized city institutions
- How much has been digitalized by the local institutions ( city halls, administrative offices, etc.) and which are the challenges in this regard?
- Which are the trending innovations which can be applied in Romania, following the good practices of other European cities?
13:30 – 14:30 Networking Lunch
- EMIL BOC, President of the Romanian Municipalities Association
- CRISTIN POPA, Executive Director, Monitoring and Control Executive Division, ANCOM
- OCTAVIAN OPREA, President of the Authority for the Digitalization of Romania (ADR)
- CONSTANTIN TOMA, Mayor, Buzau Municipality
- CHRISTIAN VON ALBRICHSFELD, Head of Country, Continental Romania
- MIHAI BOLDIJAR, General Manager, ROBERT BOSCH Romania and Bulgaria
- ONDREJ SAFAR, Country Manager CEZ Group in Romania CEO and President of the Management Board of CEZ Romania
- LAURA BAIASU, Quality Lead Europe at Wipro Digital Operations and Platforms
- CATALIN STANCU, Associated Senior Expert, Horvath & Partners
- CATALIN TANASESCU, VP Business Development, Archibus
- STEFAN TUDOS, Vice-President, Genesis Property
- ALEXANDRU NEN, SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT, SMART CITY & IOT SOLUTIONS, Telekom
- CARMEN ADAMESCU, Partner EY , Moderator Panel I
- VALERIU BINIG, Director, Regulatory and Antitrust at Enel, Moderator Panel II