Acasă » General Interest » Sales of green cars have almost doubled, at ten months

Sales of green cars have almost doubled, at ten months

9 November 2021
General Interest
Energynomics

Car registrations jumped 0.7% in the first ten months of the year compared to the same period in 2020, and electrified cars recorded a 94% increase in sales, with a market share of 12.8% , shows data centralized by the Association of Automobile Manufacturers and Importers (APIA), published on Monday.

On the Romanian market, at ten months, the top of brands of cars and commercial vehicles is led by Dacia (29,345 units), followed by Ford (9,528), Toyota (7,974), Volkswagen (7,918), Renault (7,727), Hyundai (7,478), Skoda (6,907), Mercedes-Benz (5,995), Suzuki (3,955) and Peugeot (3,205).

In the category of cars, in October of this year, there was a volume of 9,496 units, 23.5% lower than in the similar month of 2020, but over the ten months of 2021, there is an overall increase of 0.7 %.

In terms of market share, the SUV segment is on the first position, with a share of 43.6% (+ 5.1 pp compared to 2020), followed by Class C (share of 28.2%, -5.2 pp) and Class B (share of 20.8%, -0.3 pp), according to Agerpres.

Depending on the type of fuel of registered cars, in January-October, the share of those with gasoline engines increased by 0.4 pp compared to the first ten months of the previous year, reaching 66.9%. Cars with diesel engines recorded a decrease of 6.6 pp and a share of 20.3% of the total.

On the other hand, the “electrified” cars, respectively the electric ones (100% and plug-in hybrids), as well as the full hybrid ones (which also have electric propulsion without charging from the external source) end up owning, after the first ten months of 2021, a market share of 12.8%, double compared to the same period last year (6.6%).

“As in 2020, when, although there was a decrease in car purchases in general, the “green” ones outperformed, in 2021, as purchases in this category almost doubled (+ 94%), compared to the similar period of 2020. In this context, it is worth noting the significant increase in plug-in hybrid cars (+233.6%),” it is mentioned in the APIA analysis.

In general, from January to October, most car purchases were made by legal entities, which cover 55% of the total, with individuals holding the remaining 45%.

In the category of light commercial vehicles, after the first ten months of the current year, there is an increase of 21.9%, compared to the same period in 2020.

Autor: Energynomics

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *