The Municipality of Brasov has announced that it will build a 20 MW photovoltaic park in the Stupini district. It will provide 90% of the energy needed for schools, public buildings and lighting. The photovoltaic panel project will be financed with non-reimbursable funds and will be built on an area of 22 hectares, writes Transilvania Business.
At the beginning of August, the deadline for the submission of tenders for the preparation of the documentation and the execution works expired. Three Romanian companies, with partners from several countries, have submitted bids for this investment. The next step is to evaluate the bids and decide which company will build the photovoltaic park.
The three companies entering the competition are:
- Synergy Construct –as leader, Else Enerji Anonim Sirketi – third party, Graphein Topo – subcontractor; ZOORK – subcontractor; Eds Electric SRL – subcontractor;
- Visual Fan – as leader; TQM Services – bidder; Waldevar Energy – bidder; Optimum Solar Zrt – bidder;
- Electro-Alfa International – as leader; Founder Energy SDN. BHD – third party; General ME.EL Electrico – bidder.
The photovoltaic park in Stupini will cover 89.72% of the electricity needs for the 21 colleges and high schools, 16 secondary schools, 29 kindergartens, 8 nurseries, cultural institutions, the town hall and public services under the Local Council. Green energy will also be supplied to power stations and heating points, markets, multi-storey car parks, sports facilities, the town’s street lighting and traffic light system, the electricity needed for the ski area (artificial snow-making systems, pumping systems, etc.).
The municipality’s programme to equip 27 schools with photovoltaic panels, for which funding has been requested, complements this source. By combining the two projects, plus the educational establishments already equipped with such panels, the municipality will be able to provide more than 90% of its consumption needs from its own renewable sources.
- The duration for the preparation of the necessary documentation and the execution of the works is 4 months, of which 30 days for the design services and 90 days for the execution of the works
- The maximum value of the purchase is 90.007.802,00 lei + VAT
- The award criteria will be: best value for money
- Financial proposal – weighting in the evaluation process – 85%
- Additional duration of the guarantee period: 15% – Price – 15.
The non-reimbursable funds are provided through the Large Infrastructure Operational Programme – POIM 2014-2020, Priority Axis 11: “Measures to improve energy efficiency and stimulate the use of renewable energy”, Specific objective 11.2: “Use of energy from renewable sources in local public authorities”.
“In the coming period the committee will evaluate the three bids and I hope that we will be able to sign the contract as soon as possible,” said Mayor Allen Coliban.