Mihnea Constantinescu and Varinia Radu are two of the Romanian experts who already confirmed their presence as Guest Speakers at WU Energy Expert program, scheduled in Bucharest, this Autumn. They, altogether with two high representatives of the Romanian reglementory bodies, will join the distinguished lecturers recruited from the WU Executive Academy top ranked teachers.
Mihnea Constantinescu, Ambassador at Large, Special representative for Energy Security, Romanian Government
Mihnea Constantinescu is Ambassador at large, Special representative for Energy Security. Previously, he served for different Governments as Director of the Prime Minister’s Office, State Counselor and Diplomatic Counselor to the Prime Minister, spokesman of the Government. As a diplomat in the MFA he was State Secretary Coordinator, General Director for political affairs, and director of the minister’s office. In 2001 he acted as Personal Representative of the CiO-OSCE for South Eastern Europe during Romanian Chairmanship and in 2003 he was the Romanian representative to the Provisional Authority in Baghdad and advisor to the Iraqi MFA. Before joining the diplomatic service he was a faculty member at UPB in Nuclear Power Engineering and obtained the doctorate in this field.
Varinia Radu, CMS
Varinia Radu is a Partner at CMS and Head of Oil & Gas in CEE. Based in Bucharest, Varinia has over 12 years’ experience and her practice focuses on the oil & gas, electricity and mineral resources sectors. She advises an impressive roster of clients on a wide range of issues relating to the Energy sector, including licensing, trading, privatisations, public acquisitions, turn key projects for energy production facilities for conventional and renewable energy, joint-ventures, petroleum concessions, development of mature oil and gas assets in Romania, farm-out agreements, M&A and financing transactions. Varinia has advised on some of the largest oil & gas deals in Romania (and the wider CEE/Black Sea region) in recent years, and was also involved in the drafting of a number of important legislative initiatives in the Energy sector in Romania. Prior to joining CMS, Varinia was Managing Partner of RVR Energy, a boutique energy law firm in Romania, which she founded in 2004. Varinia has been a member of the Bucharest Bar Association since 2002. She is also a member of other industry associations such as the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators, Balkan and Black Sea Petroleum Association, SIPG, etc. and represents key professional associations in the industry.
energynomics.ro and WU Executive Academy (part of Vienna University of Economic and Business) launch this October an innovative professional development program specially designed for executives in the Romanian energy industry – WU Executive Energy Expert.
The program will help mid to top experienced managers to better understand energy related matters that are not typicaly studies in classic management courses. After attending this course, the participants will grasp a wider perspective on their current activity and will be able to imediately generate real value for their companies.
- study and extend your network
- prestigious lecturers
- WU issued participation certificate
- printed & electronic materials
Executive Energy Expert is a unique product on the Romanian market offering an integrated approach to issues regarding energy industry: current trends & changes in the Energy sector, Energy Economics, Negotiation, Energy regulation with focus on recent EU directives.
Every day we shall have a different distinguished lecturer addressing in-depth one of the above topics. These are recruited from the WU Executive Academy top ranked teachers, people with extensive experience in the industry. The class will be in English and will take place 8 hours each day, from 20 to 24 October 2014.
The 5-day program will include specific training within local premises. The current program follows closely the quality of the MBA Energy Management of the WU Executive Academy. Also, the attendants will be carefully selected, considering cultural and academic background, skills and work experience.
The qualifications obtained by following the program will be certified by a special diploma, issued locally and endorsed by WU Executive Academy. WU Executive Academy will ensure content for the printed and electronic materials and annexes.
Calendar: 20-24 October 2014
20 October 2014 – Current Trends & Changes in the Energy Sector
Prof. Dr. Jonas Puck
Professor of International Business, Vienna University of Economics and Business
- A historical perspective on energy supply and demand on global scale
- Future supply across energy sources
- Future demand across energy sources
- Implications for energy companies
20 – 22 October 2014 – Energy Economics
Dr. Martin Schwarzbichler
Head of Finance & Projects OMV Gas & Power, Austria
- “Big picture” of energy economics and its place within the energy industry developments
- Energy value chain: upstream (exploration & production), midstream (transportation, storage) & downstream (supply, trading, distribution)
- Commercial & contractual situations along the entire value chain (e.g. evaluation of flexibility, evaluation of contractual mechanism in energy industry)
- Market entry & exit strategies (e.g. measurement of exposure, setting-up & monitoring of an asset portfolio, measurement of risk & return)
- Energy project business cases along the entire value chain (e.g. analysis & evaluation of investment projects, investment decision analysis, make-or-buy-decisions)
23 October 2014 – Negotiation
Business Trainer & Coach
- Know-how and tools for planning and conducting sales negotiations (e.g. win-win negotiation)
- Negotiation strategies, tactics and techniques
- Managing resistance and answering tough objections
- Planning for, offering and asking for, and receiving important concessions
- Culture difference – How to recognize and include them into planning, messaging and closing
24 October 2014 – Energy Regulation with Focus on recent EU directives
Prof. Dr. Gert Brunekreeft
Professor of Economics, Jacobs University Bremen; Director, Energy Institute Bremen
- Economic policy-oriented viewpoint on infrastructure investment:
- Transmission network and interconnectors (gas and electricity)
- Hurdles for effective investment
- Policies to promote infrastructure investment
- Smart grids
- Smart grids and the market: roles & responsibilities
- Investment & innovation policies (Network, Smart Meters, ICT)
WU Executive Academy, Vienna University of Economics and Business
Vienna University of Economic and Business (WU) was founded in 1898. It is Europe’s largest business university and enjoys an excellent international reputation based on over a century of experience. The WU Executive Academy provides access to the expertise of some 700 faculty members and countless experts in over 200 partner universities worldwide.
International Accreditations and Landmark Quality Standards
The WU Executive Academy is one of only a very few executive education providers to hold sought-after accreditations from both EQUIS (European Quality improvement system) and AMBA (Association of MBAs), two of the most prestigious international accrediting bodies. The Financial Times ranks the Executive MBA of the WU Executive Academy as #5 in German-speaking area, #15 in the EU and #46 worldwide.
energynomics.ro is the sole on-line platform dedicated to the energy sector in Romania that serves both as a news channel and a business to business gateway. Updated hourly, energynomics.ro brings a new color to the industry by keeping you connected to news and changes in the economic, political and legislative environment. By accessing the business profile link, you will find the perfect business partner suitable for your company’s needs.