The market value of the Romanian companies listed on the Bucharest Stock Exchange (BVB) exceeded EUR 20 billion last week, after DIGI Communications (DIGI), important supplier of telecom and energy services in Romania and Hungary, had been listed. The market capitalization of Romanian companies amount to EUR 20.4 billion, the highest level in the last 9 years.
”Romania has left the shallow waters of low valuations and embarked onto a blue water boat capable to use strong winds in our favor and to withstand tough conditions. Romania is on the radar of investors as it offers a level of growth and stability which is rare in today’s world, coupled with dynamism and creativity – becoming a friendlier place to do business than ever before. The entrepreneurial companies with national or regional ambitions now see the stock exchange as a natural habitat for their business,” said Ludwik Sobolewski, CEO of BVB
“The macroeconomic data, the level of dividends and the growth coming from the share prices are strong arguments for Romania to be the best destination where money can produce added value, while this momentum is building up strength to persuade even the most skeptical investors to place their money on the local capital market. At this value, the market capitalization of domestic listed companies on BVB is around 12% of Romania’s GDP”, said Lucian Anghel BVB’s president
Last week witnessed new heights for 2017 for the shares listed on the regulated market of BVB, as follows:
- BET at 8,460 points and BET-TR at 10,633 points indices topped the largest values so far this year (May, 15th)
- Over 8,800 transactions were performed in a single day, the largest amount so far this year (May, 16th)
- DIGI was the most traded ticker in a single day from the last 3 and a half years with 3,270 transactions (May, 16th)
- The value traded totaled a whopping EUR 37 million a day (May, 17th)
- BRD, included in BET, recorded the largest value traded in the previous trading session (May, 18th). Other companies from BET, such as Banca Transilvania (TLV), Romgaz (SNG), Fondul Proprietatea (FP) and OMV Petrom (SNP), also had significant trades throughout this week.