Graţiela Gavrilescu the Minister of Environment announced that those who want to buy a car will be able to access the Rabla and Rabla Plus 2017 programs, starting from May 10th, immediately after the period of public debate and after the producers will be validated.
“Every citizen and every company may receive a scrapping premium of 6.500 lei, to which an Ecobonus of 1.000 lei can be added, for the cars that have emissions below 98 grams CO2 and another Ecobonus of 1.500 lei for hybrid cars”, said Gavrilescu.
According to the Minister of Environment, the budget in 2017 for the Rabla program will be 180 million lei and the scrapping premium will remain at 6.500 lei.
According to the Financing guide for the program of stimulating the renewal of the national car fleet 2017-2019, submitted for public debate on the website of the Ministry of Environment, for the Rabla program this year, the scrapping premium will be 6.500 lei, but maximum thresholds of CO2 emissions for the purchase of vehicles that can obtain the scrapping premium are introduced, starting from 130g/CO2/km in 2017, up to a maximum value of 95g/ CO2/km in 2019″.
The funding granted through this program, which will have a multiannual characteristic, represents a strategy for a period of 3 years (2017-2019), through which the Administration for the Environment Fund (AFM) aims to help encourage the purchase of new and better cars in respect with their performance, in terms of environmental impact.
Starting 2017, maximum thresholds introduced of CO2 emissions for the purchase of vehicles which can obtain the scrapping premium are introduced. The amount of the scrapping premium will be 6.500 lei and it will be granted according to the amount of CO2/km generated by the propulsion system of the new vehicle purchased, under a mixt functioning mode, as follows:
- In 2017 for the new vehicle whose powertrain generates a maximum 130g CO2/km;
- In 2018 for the new vehicle whose powertrain generates a maximum of 120g CO2/km;
- In 2019 for the new vehicle whose powertrain generates a maximum 110g CO2/km.
According to the document, to the scrapping premium base there can be added:
- In 2017, an Ecobonus 1.500 lei for the purchase of a new vehicle equipped with a propulsion system that generates a maximum amount of emissions of 98g CO2/km under a mixt functioning mode;
- In 2018, the Ecobonus is similar, but only if the new bought car is equipped with a propulsion system that generates a maximum amount of emission of maximum of 96g CO2/km under a mixt functioning mode;
- In 2019, an Ecobonus in amount of 1.500 lei.
- The Funding Guide 2017-2019 for the multiannual program, dedicated to promoting clean road transport vehicles and energy efficient, requires that the value of the ecoticket for those who want to purchase a new 100% electric vehicle to be 45.000 lei and for the purchase of a new hybrid electric vehicle with external power supply, which generates an amount of CO2 emissions of less than 50 g/km, a voucher of 20.000 lei will be given.
The program for the purchase of “environmentally friendly vehicles” has a budget of 90 million lei in commitment appropriations and another 20 million in budget appropriations, the money being supplied by AFM.