More renewables for Romania
03 Oct 2023 @ 09:00 - 17:00
On Tuesday, October 3rd, 2023, at Grand Hotel Bucharest (former Intercontinental), Rapsodia Hall, Energynomics organizes a meeting to scrutinize the investment climate and projects for green transition in Romania!
We aim at following the flow of money into renewable energy projects to identify the most suitable partners for you and to present solutions to the most plausible challenges you might encounter.
Throughout the day we will provide an overview of the latest market developments, and share best practices in EPC, O&M, and Asset Management while discovering emerging technologies and trends.
The vast majority of renewables projects in Romania are yet to reach the operational stage. Over 10.000 MW in capacity will be subject to intense restructuring and changes of ownership for the next 12 to 24 months.
However, before the shovel hit the ground, a lot of work you have been already done in the development of renewable energy projects. Small or large, developers teamed up with engineering and consulting companies and you prepared the plans and studies, to grant most of the authorizations and approvals.
When ready to build, most of your projects are sold to a long-term owner who will take on the responsibility of building the project – such as infrastructure investment funds, utility companies, independent power producers, or large consumers interested in hedging their future energy bills.
At the same time, you have already put in place around 5 GWs during the first of investment in Romanian renewables, a decade ago. More than 1.3 GWs in solar and over 3 GWs in wind capacity need some qualified attention for remaining in the market.
AGENDA AND SPEAKERS
09:30 – 10:00 Registration of participants
10.00 – 10.10 Keynote speaker – Gabriel Andronache, Vice-President of ANRE
10.10 – 11.30 SESSION 1 – SUPPORT FOR INVESTMENTS VS CHALLENGES TO OVERCOME
Policy support for new energies * Making use of public grants for renewables projects * Instruments for improved project bankability – PPAs, CfDs * The role of insurance companies * Forms of partnerships for shared exposure to risks
- Andrei Manea, Executive Director RPIA
- Silvia Vlăsceanu, Executive Director HENRO
- Oana Mogoi, Sector Head Utilities & Natural Resources, ING Bank
- Adrian Paraschiv, Country Manager Photomate Romania
- Florian Tudor, Head of Sales Hydrogen Refuelling Stations Stockholm, Metacon AB
- Zoltan Nagy-Bege, Energy Market Director, Ciga Energy
Moderator: Varinia Radu, co-founder & CEO of Energynomics
11.30 – 11.40 Keynote Speaker – Avigail Shtamler-Paz, Head of the Economic and Commercial Mission of Israel to Romania
11.40 – 13.00 SESSION 2 – SECURING FUNDING AGAINST POLICY AND MARKET RISKS
The role of ESG policies in pushing renewables into the mainstream * Financing for revamping and repowering existing assets * Market developments, from new legislation to M&A announcements
- Liviu Gavrilă, Vicepreședinte RWEA
- Corina Ghimbovschi, Head of Project Finance & Financial Analysis, BCR
- Elena Popescu, CEO Elektra Renewable Support
- Dan Bold, Business Development Manager REI Grup
- Daniel Holerga, Inginer proiectant TAW Energy
- Bogdan Bădoi, Electrical Engineer, Monsson Group
Moderator: Gabriel Avăcăriței, redactor șef Energynomics
13.00 – 14.00 Business lunch
14.00 – 14.20 Keynote Speaker – Attila Keresztes, President and CEO of ASTRASUN Solar Ltd
14.20 – 15.45 SESSION 3 – DEVELOPMENT AND EXECUTION FOR NEW AND EXISTING PROJECTS
Factors for a sustainable supply chain – technologies, logistics, standards of quality * Partnerships for securing access to qualified workforce * Storage – the glue for energy convergence * The pace of grid reinforcement works – and workarounds
- Martin Moise, Vicepresident PATRES
- Dragoș Vasile, Member of the Board of Directors of Eximprod Group
- Radu Tărău, Executive Director of EnergoBit Control SolutionsAdrian Ciurtin, Energy lawyer, Shareholder and BoD member Wiren
- Sebastian Crișan, CEO Ensys Renewable Solution
Moderator: Attila Keresztes, President and CEO of ASTRASUN Solar Ltd
15.45 – 16.00 Networking
Access to the conference is open to all professionals in the Romanian energy industry and related sectors.
Practical examples will be presented and guest speakers will answer questions from participants.
This conference is organized by Energynomics with the support of our partners among which Alive Capital, Astrasun, BCR, Elektra Renewable Support, EnergoBit, Eximprod, Ensys Renewable Solution, ING Bank, LAPP Romania, Metacon, Noark, Photomate, REI Grup, TAW Energy, Volt, Wiren.
- Market developments, from new legislation to M&A announcements
- Making use of public grants for renewables projects
- Instruments for improved project bankability – PPAs, CfDs
- The pace of grid reinforcement works – and workarounds
- The role of ESG policies in pushing renewables into the mainstream
- Factors for a sustainable supply chain – technologies, logistics, standards of quality
- Storage – the glue for energy convergence
- Partnerships for securing access to a qualified workforce
- Financing for revamping and repowering existing assets