Andreas Lier, CEO of BASF Romania, was elected by the Board of Directors of AHK Romania, following the General Assembly of AHK Romania Members which this year took place online, at the head of the largest bilateral Association in Romania. Lier succeeds Mr. Dragoș Anastasiu, whose term has expired this year.
Andreas Lier was elected to the Board of Directors in 2020 and has since been actively involved in the activities of the Romanian-German Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
“I am very pleased and it is a great honor for me to be elected President of AHK Romania and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your trust. The development and intensification of excellent bilateral economic relations between Germany and Romania in the context of the great challenges and opportunities of the future and the representation of the interests of our members will remain the focus of AHK’s activities, ”Lier said after the election. Andreas Lier is the fourth President of AHK Romania, established in 2002, after Karl-Josef Baum, Radu Merica and Dragoș Anastasiu.
The new members of the Board of Directors are: Volker Raffel – E.ON Romania and Petru Rușeț – Siemens Energy.
Thus, the new Board of Directors of the Romanian-German Chamber of Commerce and Industry has as members:
- Andreas Lier – President
- Sebastian Metz – General Manager, Member of the Board of Directors
- Christian von Albrichsfeld, Continental Automotive Romania – Vice President
- Daniel Gross, PENNY – Vice President
- Marco Alpert, Wiebe Romania
- Michael Beier, CLAAS Regional Center South East Europe
- Günter Krasser, Infineon Technologies Romania
- Claudia Hesselmann, Arensia Exploratory Medicine
- Simona Melnic, MedicHub
- Florin Sabou, Sialtpro
- Volker Raffel, E.ON Romania SRL
- Petru Rușeț, Siemens Energy SRL