The leaders of PNL, USR-PLUS and UDMR have announced they have agreed on the structure of the future government, a cabinet with 18 portfolios in which a Ministry of Energy reappears. “Florin Cîțu is the candidate for prime minister with the support of UDMR, USR-PLUS and PNL”, said Ludovic Orban, president of PNL, after the negotiations carried out on Friday all day long.
The future government will have two vice prime ministers and 18 ministries, out of which 9 will be headed by PNL representatives, 6 by representatives of USR-PLUS and 3 by representatives of UDMR.
9 portfolios for PNL
- Ministry of Defense
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Ministry of Public Finances
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Internal Affairs
- Ministry of Energy
- Ministry of Agriculture
- Ministry of Culture
- Ministry Labor and Social Protection
6 portfolios for USR-PLUS
- Ministry of Justice
- Ministry of Health
- Ministry of Transport
- Ministry of European Funds
- Ministry of Research, Innovation and Digitization
- Ministry of Economy, Entrepreneurship and Tourism
3 portfolios for UDMR
- Ministry of Development and Administration
- Ministry of Water and Forests
- Ministry of Youth and Sports
In the Parliament, the Senate chairman will be a representative from USR-PLUS, most likely Anca Dragu, and the president of the Chamber of Deputies a representative from PNL (the National Liberal Party), most likely Ludovic Orban.