The exclusive educational program will help managers to better understand energy related matters typically studied in traditional management classes. The 5-day program will include specific training within local premises.
The main aspects taken into account are Current Trends & Changes in the Energy Sector, Energy Economics, Negotiation and Energy Regulation with Focus on recent EU Directives. The current program follows closely the quality of the WU MBA Energy Management program. Also, the attendants will be carefully selected considering their English proficiency, professional experience in the energy sector and academic background.
The qualifications obtained in the program will be certified by a special certificate, issued locally and endorsed by WU. The WU Executive Academy ensures a high quality and scientific validity of the content for the printed and electronic materials.
Mid to top experienced managers in the energy sector.
Session 1 Day 1
Prof. Dr. Jonas Puck
Professor of International Business, Vienna University of Economics and Business
- International Strategy
- Management in Emergent Markets
Current Trends & Changes in the Energy Sector
- A historical perspective on energy supply and demand on global scale
- Future supply across energy sources
- Future demand across energy sources
- Implications for energy companies
Session 2 Day 1-3
Dr. Martin Schwarzbichler
Head of Finance & Projects OMV Gas & Power, Austria
- Energy Economics
- Managerial Economics
- “Big picture” of energy economics and its place within the energy industry developments
- Energy value chain: upstream (exploration & production), midstream (transportation, storage) & downstream (supply, trading, distribution)
- Commercial & contractual situations along the entire value chain (e.g. evaluation of flexibility, evaluation of contractual mechanism in energy industry)
- Market entry & exit strategies (e.g. measurement of exposure, setting-up & monitoring of an asset portfolio, measurement of risk & return)
- Energy project business cases along the entire value chain (e.g. analysis & evaluation of investment projects, investment decision analysis, make-or-buy-decisions)
Session 3 Day 4
Prof. Dr. Gert Brunekreeft
Professor of Economics, Jacobs University Bremen; Director, Energy Institute Bremen
- Energy Economics
- Regulation of Network Industries
- Competition Policy
Energy Regulation with Focus on recent EU directives
Economic policy-oriented viewpoint on infrastructure investment:
- Transmission network and interconnectors (gas and electricity)
– Hurdles for effective investment
– Policies to promote infrastructure investment
- Smart grids
– Investment & innovation policies (Network, Smart Meters, ICT)
– Smart grids and the market: roles & responsibilities
Session 4 Day 5
Business Trainer & Coach
- Sales and Management
- Know-how and tools for planning and conducting sales negotiations (e.g. win-win negotiation)
- Negotiation strategies, tactics and techniques
- Managing resistance and answering tough objections
- Planning for, offering and asking for, and receiving important concessions
- Culture difference – How to recognize and include them into planning, messaging and closing
- study and extend your network
- prestigious lecturers
- WU issued participation certificate
- printed & electronic materials
Executive Energy Expert is a unique product on the Romanian market offering an integrated approach to issues regarding energy industry: current trends & changes in the Energy sector, Energy Economics, Negotiation, Energy regulation with focus on recent EU directives.
DOWNLOAD REGISTRY FORM
Johanna Voicu, project manager
phone: +4 0743.100.040
e-mail: johanna [at] wing-media.com
Looking Back – WU Executive Energy Expert 2014
The program was attended by 15 students, representatives of Enel Green Power, SGS Romania, OMV Petrom, GDF Suez Romania, Emerson Ridge Tools, British American Tobacco, Organismul Intermediar pentru Energie, Schneider-Electric, Departamentul de stat pentru Energie, McCann PR, Panfora Oil & Gas and Fora Oil & Gas.
WU Executive Academy, Vienna University of Economics and Business
Vienna University of Economic and Business (WU) was founded in 1898. It is Europe’s largest business university and enjoys an excellent international reputation based on over a century of experience. The WU Executive Academy provides access to the expertise of some 700 faculty members and countless experts in over 200 partner universities worldwide.
International Accreditations and Landmark Quality Standards
The WU Executive Academy is one of only a very few executive education providers to hold sought-after accreditations from both EQUIS (European Quality improvement system) and AMBA (Association of MBAs), two of the most prestigious international accrediting bodies. The Financial Times ranks the Executive MBA of the WU Executive Academy as #5 in German-speaking area, #15 in the EU and #46 worldwide.
energynomics.ro is the sole on-line platform dedicated to the energy sector in Romania that serves both as a news channel and a business to business gateway. Updated hourly, energynomics.ro brings a new color to the industry by keeping you connected to news and changes in the economic, political and legislative environment. By accessing the business profile link, you will find the perfect business partner suitable for your company’s needs.