On June 15, energynomics.ro, organized the most important event of the summer for the Romanian energy industry: 2017 Energy Strategy Summit. The third edition of the summit summoned the most influential decision makers in Romanian energy industry at Stirbey Palace, Buftea. The presentations and the debates focused on corporate strategies – after two years in a row 2015 and 2016 when discussions have been focused on the Romanian national energy strategy.
Senior officials from the regulatory bodies, top managers from large companies, savvy representatives of professional associations, Romanian and foreign experts had the opportunity to speak their minds in front of their peers.
Global trends with local impact
- Benedikt Klauser, DG Energy, European Commission
- Mihnea Constantinescu, Ambassador at large, Special Representative for Energy Security, Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Frank Umbach, the Research Director of EUCERS
- Radu Dudău, Co-founder & Director Energy Policy Group (moderator)
SESSION 1 – STRATEGIES FOR SECURITY – legal framework and national priorities
- Corina Popescu, President of Transelectrica Directorate
- Alexey Golovin, KMGI vicepresident
- Mircea Aurel Niţă, Director, Corporate Governance, HR and Communication Direction Conpet
- Mark Wagley, ROPEPCA president
- Artur Stratan, member of ROPEPCA board
- Vasile Ciolpan, Director of Energy Trading Department, Romgaz
- Florina Sora, Superior Advisor, National Agency for Mineral Resources
- Varinia Radu, CMS partner
- Mirela Iovu, CEC Bank vicepresident
- Eugenia Guşilov, director ROEC (moderator)
SESSION 2 – STRATEGY FOR SUSTAINABILITY – market design for reaching climate targets
- Frank Hajdinjak, E.ON România CEO
- Claudia Brânduş, RWEA president
- Sorin Boza, President of CE Oltenia Directorate
SESSION 3 – STRATEGY FOR GROWTH – technology and expertise
- Niculae Havrileţ, ANRE president
- Bogdan Chiriţoiu, President of the Competition Councilâ
- Emil Calotă, ANRE vicepresident
- Daniela Lulache, Nuclearelectrica CEO
- Carmen Neagu, EnergoBit CEO
- Oana Truţă, vicepreşedinte Franklin Templeton Investment
- Marius Perșinaru, Schneider Electric Romania CEO
- Ioana Gheorghiade, Executive Manager of the Corporate Underwriting Division, BCR
- Otilia Nuţu, Policy Analyst Expert Forum (moderator)
Energy Strategy Summit 2017 was organized by Wing Media Energy Consulting, through energynomics.ro, in partnership with reputed industry organizations such as ACUE, AFEER, AIIR-FV, EFdeN, RBSTA, ROPEPCA, RPIA and EPG, with the support of BCR, BMW Auto Cobălcescu, Casa de traduceri, CEC Bank, CIS GAZ, Conpet, Enel, E.ON, Hidroelectrica, KMG International, Lukoil, Nuclearelectrica, Phoenix Contact, Romgaz, RWEA, Schneider Electric România, SAMEDAY, Stratum Enclosures, Transelectrica.
With this occasion we also launched the second issue of energynomics.ro Magazine in 2017. Another 184 pages, fully bilingual format and attractive design, capturing the trends and essential themes in the Romanian energy industry: news, analyses and opinion from personalities directly involved in the decision of the regulators and the most dynamic companies. These issue is featuring among others articles and interviews with Georgios Stassis (Enel Romania), Ovidiu Agliceru (Hidroelectrica), Urban Rusnak (International Energy Charter), Andreas Matje (OMV Petrom), Petre Stroe (MET România).
For the first pages of the current issue of energynomics.ro Magazine (June 2017) enter the dedicated webpage, where you can also read the full content of all previous issues. For ideas, comments and editorial contributions, or commercial cooperation we encourage you to write us at office at energynomics.ro.
If interested in receiving the next issues of energynomics.ro Magazine, printed edition, we encourage you to write us at office at energynomics.ro to include you in our distribution list.