With a plus compared to previous editions, we have prepared a VIP dinner, scheduled for June 6 at Foisor Palace, in Sinaia, for a top-level conversation meant to explore the trends and opportunities in the region in regard with the future of the energy industry.
2018 Energy Strategy Summit means over 30 speakers – senior officials from the Government and regulatory bodies, top managers from large companies, savvy representatives of professional associations, Romanian and foreign experts will have the opportunity to speak their minds in front of their peers..
2018 Energy Strategy Summit is organized by Wing Media Energy Consulting, through energynomics.ro, in partnership with reputed industry organizations such as ACUE, AFEER, AIIR-FV, ARPEE, CNR-CME, FPPG, RBSTA, ROPEPCA, RPIA and RWEA, with the support of Automobile Bavaria, BCR, CIS-GAZ, EnergoBit, ING Bank, Lukoil, MET România Energy, Nuclearelectrica, Phoenix Contact, Ridgid – Emerson, Romgaz, SAS, Schneider Electric România, Transelectrica.
On June 6-7, the most influential decision makers in the Romanian energy industry will meet for the largest professional debate dedicated to the national, European and corporate strategy, with plenary sessions, thematic workshops, Keynote presentations and round-table debates.
The 4th edition of Energy Strategy Summit (June 7th ), supplemented with a VIP dinner (June 6th ), will address the hottest topics in the Romanian and regional energy industry this year. There will be 4 plenary sessions for the leaders of thought in the most dynamic organizations to share their views on strategies for investment, strategies for integration, and strategies for transformation. We will also take a competent look at the most prominent sectors of the moment: O&G – exploration, transport, processing, Renewables – O&M, prosuming, fair competition, and Smart Cities – energy efficiency, cogeneration.
We will continue to stimulate inter-institutional collaboration between Government, Parliament, local authorities, regulatory bodies and external partners. Just like in 2017, 2016 and 2015, energynomics.ro will provide the authorities with a comprehensive Report of this year’s edition of Energy Strategy Summit for the Government and the regulatory bodies to take them into consideration when drafting the national policies on energy.a
Day 1 – Wednesday, June 6 – Foișor Castle, Sinaia
* The access ticket for the VIP Dinner (on June 6th, for up to 50 participants), gives access to all activities on June 7th!
Day 2 – Thursday, June 7 – Hotel Mara, Sinaia
06.30 – 08.30 Bus Shuttle from Victoriei Square, Bucharest to Mara Hotel
08:30 – 09:00 REGISTRATION & WELCOME COFFEE
09:00 – 09:05 Opening speech from the organizers
09:05 – 09:20 Ministerial Address: Florin-Radu Ciocănelea, adviser to the prime minister with responsibilities in the energy field
09:20 – 11:00 1st PLENARY PANEL – Strategies for Investment – legal framework and effective incentives
Key elements of the legislative framework with impact on the investment policies from companies * What is the area of improvement of the legislative or regulatory framework for encouraging investments * What are the main planned investments and how are they evolving * Challenges (impediments) in realizing the planned investments (on time)
- Florin-Radu Ciocănelea, adviser to the prime minister with responsibilities in the energy field
- Dan Silviu Baciu, General Manager CONPET SA
- Vasile Ciolpan, Director of Energy Trading, Romgaz
- Bogdan Simion, Data Analytics Advisor, Gas Infrastructure Europe- GIE
- Lăcrămioara Diaconu-Pințea, Executive Board Member Responsible for Downstream Gas Business Division
Chair: Gabriel Avacaritei, WMEC
11:00 – 11:15 MORNING COFFEE / NETWORKING BREAK
11:15 – 12:45 2nd PLENARY PANEL – Strategy for Integration – long-term vision and market opportunities
The main actions to be taken in order to improve the regional integration of the Romanian energy industry * What needs to be updated in the legislative or regulatory framework to encourage interconnections * Immediate gains vs. long-term development * Status and perspectives of major investment projects * Challenges in capitalizing on market opportunities (international prices, new discoveries, redesign of regional energy relations, European policies)
- Constantin Gheorghe, Chairman of ACROPO
- Sorin Gal, General Manager for O&G in the National Agency for Mineral Resources – NAMR
- Andrey Bogdanov, President of the Board — General Executive Director “PETROTEL-LUKOIL”
- Oana Mogoi, Sector Head Utilities & Natural Resources – ING
- Harald Kraft, Chairman of ROPEPCA
- Cătălin Aramă, General Director CERT.RO
Chair: Varinia Radu, WMEC
12:45 – 14:00 CONFERENCE LUNCH
14:00 – 14:20 Ministerial Address: Anton Anton, Minister of Energy
14:20 – 15:40 3rd PLENARY PANEL – Strategy for Transformation – new technology and business models
Impact of new technologies on the business models in the energy industry * Diversification vs specialization * Regional expansion or focus on the internal market * Energy transition for decarbonisation: obligations, opportunities, risks * European regulations and projects – Romania’s contribution * Local energy market – the impact of liberalization
- Petre Stroe, general manager, MET România Energy
- Mihaela Coroiu, Marketing Director EnergoBit
- Ioana Gheorghiade, Executive Director Corporate Risk Underwriting BCR
- Adrian Șuța, Director, Directorate for Relations with Regulatory Authorities and ENTSO-E, Transelectrica
- Ovidiu Bălăcescu, member in the Directorate of CE Oltenia
Chair: Ion Lungu, Chairman of AFEER
15:40 – 16:00 AFTERNOON COFFEE / NETWORKING BREAK
16:00 – 17:30 4th PLENARY PANEL – Smart Cities: renewables, energy efficiency, cogeneration
How to unlock the development potential of the renewable sector * Prosumer – scarecrow or saving solution * Energy efficiency dirvers – Technology, financing, good practices * Information technology – new directions for integration, control and optimization of the operations in the energy industry
- Zoltan Nagy-Bege, vice-president ANRE
- Răzvan Copoiu, Vice President Industry South & Eastern Europe Schneider Electric
- Dorian Hodorogea, Analytics Consultant, SAS Romania
- Cristian Pîrvulescu, CEO Enevo Group
- Constantin Ichimoaei, Executive Manager ABB
- Marius Cătălin Lepinzean, Business Development Manager, Phoenix Contact
Chair: Răzvan Grecu, Chairman of ARPEE
17:30 – 18:00 FAREWELL DRINKS RECEPTION
* The access ticket for the June 7th Summit works DOES NOT include participation at the VIP Dinner (on June 6th)!
For details on sponsorship and partnerships opportunities, as well as on the benefits of supporting the 2018 Energy Strategy Summit, download the .pdf presentation and contact us at energynomics.ro or by phone at 021 230 2022!
All members of the media interested in attending the 2018 Energy Strategy Summit are required to apply for accreditation. Please send your name, organization, phone, email, and organization website to office (at) energynomics.ro.
Please note that all media coverage must include a specific mention of the event and of the organizers, such as “… said XXX, during the 2018 Energy Strategy Summit, organized by energynomics.ro.”