APIA: Green car sales, up 8.6%

0

The Romanian car market registered a decrease of 32.3% in the first nine months of the current year, compared to the same period in 2019, but sales of “green” cars continued their upward trend, with a jump of 8.6 %, according to data published on Tuesday by the Association of Car Manufacturers and Importers (APIA).

In terms of 100% electric cars, plug-in hybrids and hybrids, after the first nine months of the year, there is an increasing volume of 8.6% compared to the same period in 2019. By subcategories, sales of full electric cars increased by 40.8%, while plug-in hybrid cars recorded a jump of 141.3%, according to Agerpres.

On the other hand, hybrid cars that have electric propulsion (mild hybrid ones not included) record, after the first nine months, a negative evolution (-8.2%).

Romanians’ preferences for electric brands (100% and plug-in hybrids), which are stimulated by the “Rabla Plus” Program, focus on Renault (360 units), Skoda (329), Volkswagen (204), Hyundai (186) and BMW (170).

At present, at national level, most car purchases are made by legal entities, which cover 55% of the total, the remaining 45% of market share going to individuals.

Share.

Leave A Reply